Guidelines for preparing your abstract:
- Prepare your abstract for a 40 minute session. Total session time is 45 minutes.
40 minute presentation time with 5 minutes for Q&A.
- Set up the problem/need your session will address. (1-2 sentences)
- How will your session solve this problem/meet this need? Mention the main points/topics
your session will cover. (1-3 sentences)
- What technologies, services, or methodologies were employed to meet this need? (1-2
- What case study(ies) will be cited as examples of success? (1-2 sentences)
- How will your session help attendees or their customers? Will they save time to
market? Reduce overhead? Increase productivity? Quantify the big benefit. Example:
saved 6-8 weeks. (1-2 sentences) Content tips.
Rating of abstracts for final papers and presentations will be based upon the following criteria:
- Quality - Well organized and easily understood. A good indicator of what can be
expected in the full-length paper.
- Relevance - Of interest to the user group audience and in line with the track topic.
- Technical Impact - Important results, techniques, or case studies of special significance.
- Originality - New design methodologies employed or a case study for an innovative design.
- Practicality - Reference products in a case study or as a proof-of-concept for a design methodology, but avoid product pitches. The goal is to demonstrate feasibility or illustrate a concept, not sell the product.
List of suggested topics for MemCon 2014.